Get Help with Other Legal Issues
For residents of Hamilton County, Ohio

Do you need help with other issues, aside from those described elsewhere on this site?

Find resources that can help you on this page.

Legal Help

Reach out to these in-person and online resources, to find more help on your legal issues.

These resources cover many areas of law.

Find a Lawyer to help you

Legal Aid of Cincinnati

Call 513-241-9400 or visit They provide free legal assistance, including on these specific problems.

  • Family Law and Domestic Violence: Secure protection orders, resolve custody and visitation, divorce proceedings, coordinate community services
  • Housing and Consumer: Represent in eviction and foreclosure cases, prevent lockout or utility cutoff by landlords, obtain repairs of unsafe conditions, improve neighborhood housing, resolve consumer debt & tax disputes, bankruptcy
  • Employment and Income:  Resolve problems that interfere with job training or employment, secure unpaid wages, help Veterans with disability claims or to prevent homelessness, expand employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, secure income, and medical benefits
  • Education and Child Safety: Obtain special education support, prevent suspension and expulsion, address education needs of foster children, represent children in abuse, dependency, and neglect cases


Cincinnati Bar Association’s Lawyer referral service

Call 513-381-8213 or visit

This service provides referrals to hire a private attorney.

Use a Legal Help website

Ohio Legal Help: Visit

This free website has legal information, referrals, and forms to help with a wide array of issues:

  • family,
  • housing,
  • money and debt,
  • health and public benefits,
  • education,
  • seniors,
  • veterans and service members,
  • criminal and traffic, and
  • going to court.

Find help on a specific issue

These groups and resources help specific groups (like seniors, immigrants, or youth) or on specific issues (like domestic violence, housing, or criminal records).

Fresh Starts and Criminal Records

Ohio Justice & Policy Center Second Chance Clinic

Call 513-421-1108 or visit for help with

  • Criminal record issues, including criminal record sealing,
  • Certificates of Qualification for Employment, and
  • Expungement for people whose charges related to prostitution and human trafficking.

Hamilton County Public Defender's Office Fresh Start Expungement Clinic

Call 513-946-3700 or visit to learn more about the Hamilton County Public Defender's Office.

  • Fresh Start Expungement Clinics held 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
  • Call 513-946-3666 between the hours of 8:30-11:30 a.m. on the clinic date you would like to attend. Appointments will be scheduled on a first come first serve basis.

Immigrants and Refugees

Immigrant and Refugee Law Center

Call 513-828-0577 or visit for help with immigration-related legal services, including

  • citizenship applications,
  • legal Resident (“green card”) applications for refugees and asylums,
  • asylum claims,
  • employment authorization,
  • deportation defense,
  • special immigrant juvenile status for unaccompanied minors,
  • applications for victims of crime, human trafficking, and domestic violence,
  • family-based petitions,
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, and
  • refugee travel documents.

Housing and Homelessness

Housing Opportunities Made Equal (HOME)

Call 513- 721-4663 or visit

HOME offers a variety of services to help eliminate illegal housing discrimination, prevent homelessness, and educate tenants and landlords about their fair housing rights and responsibilities.

Children and Youth

Children’s Law Center

Call 859-431-3313 or visit

Assisting youth and young adults with issues related to:

  • Juvenile or Criminal Justice system (due process, incarceration issues, civil rights), 
  • Family Court (protection from harm, custody),
  • Child Welfare system (homelessness, lack access to education and other services),
  • Child Victims (legal representation in criminal proceedings and family court matters in which the child is the victim/witness),
  • Mental Health system (unmet mental health needs),
  • Education systems that do not meet needs (enrollment, attendance, disability rights, discipline),
  • Youth in Transition (helping youth transition back into their communities after being in out of home placements)


Seniors over 60

Pro Seniors

Call 513-345-4160 or visit

Assisting seniors (60+) with

  • Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security,
  • Long-term care,
  • Pensions and retirement benefits,
  • Advice about preventing financial exploitation, and
  • Legal problems caused by financial exploitation

Domestic Violence and Protection Orders

Women Helping Women

Call 513-381-5610 or visit

Support services to help plan for safety, answer legal questions, connect with services like housing, and advocate by your side as you recover from dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.

Get Financial, Housing, and Other Assistance

Aside from legal help, use these resources to address problems you might have. This could include finding affordable housing, getting food, covering rent, accessing government benefits, and getting government IDs and certificates.

Emergency Housing and Shelters

Central Access Point (CAP) Line: 513-381-7233 (SAFE)



Freestore Food Bank 513-357-4600, or at 112 East Liberty Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202

The Healing Center (513) 346-4080, or at 11345 Century Cir W, Cincinnati, OH 45246


Rent and Utilities Assistance

Community Action Agency (513) 569-1840, or at 1740 Langdon Farm Road, Cincinnati, OH 45237

St. Vincent DePaul (513) 421-0602, or at 1125 Bank Street Cincinnati, OH 45214

Freestore Foodbank (513) 381-7627, or at 112 E Liberty St. Cincinnati, OH 45202

Talbert House (513) 338-8596 or at 2600 Victory Pkwy, Cincinnati, OH 45206

Filing for Benefits

Freestore Food Bank (513) 357-4822, or at 112 E Liberty St. Cincinnati, OH 45202


Hamilton County Jobs and Family (513)-946-1000, or at 222 E. Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45202


State IDs and Birth Certificates

St Vincent de Paul (513) 421-0602 or at 1125 Bank Street Cincinnati, OH 45214

  • Ohio state IDs can be obtained M-F 8:30AM- 4:30PM and Saturday 8:30AM-Noon. The limit is 2 per household.
  • Birth Certificates can be obtained on the 1st Thursday of each month from 9AM-Noon. The limit is 2 per household per lifetime

Freestore Food Bank (513) 357-4822 or at 112 E Liberty St. Cincinnati, OH 45202

  • First two Mondays of the month
  • Starts at 8AM, first come first serve
  • Bring proof of address

Health & Building Inspectors

Reach out for help if you are concerned with the living conditions in your rental home in Cincinnati or Hamilton County.

Cincinnati Health Department

Phone: 513-352-2908

Address: “Healthy Homes Division” 1525 Elm Street, Cincinnati OH, 45202

Cincinnati Property Maintenance Code Enforcement

Phone: 513-352-3275

Address: 805 Central Ave Suite 500, Cincinnati OH, 45202

© 2019 Hamilton County Municipal Help Center